Over the last 12 months, J&R Machine, a contract manufacturer specializing in complex machined parts, installed eight new pieces of equipment at its Shawano, WI-based facility. The 2 Million Dollar capital investment includes DMG Mori Seiki NLX 2500s of varying configurations. The machines’ sub-spindle multitasking lathes, part-catching/part-conveying capabilities as well as the latest generation of CNC controls further support J&R Machine’s productivity and lights-out operations.
“These new features give us much better machine performance and can add varying degrees of higher uptime,” explained Tim Grimm, J&R Machine’s Sales Engineer. “On some projects, uptime increased by about 30 percent in comparison to older models.”
The new equipment includes:
(4) DMG MORI, NLX2500SY/Sub-Spindle Lathes w/ Axial & Radial Live Tooling , Chip Blaster High Pressure Coolant, Part Catch/Conveyor, 14.00 Max Turn Diameter, 27.7 Max Turn Length, LNS “Quick Six” 6′ Bar-feeders.
(4) DMG MORI, NLX2500Y w/ Axial & Radial Live Tooling, Tailstock, Chip Blaster High Pressure Coolant 14.00 Max Turn Diameter, 27.7 Max Turn Length.
The new equipment gives J&R Machine the ability to machine a part in a single setup instead of having to manually unload and then flip the part or complete the second side in a separate operation.
Notable features of the DMG MORI NLX2500 series:
- Reduced environmental footprint, lower energy consumption
- Improved cutting ability
- An integrated cooling system to ensure thermal stability and high precision
- Flat guides in all axes for efficient turning
- High rigidity, longer tool life
- Improved performance and ease of operation through new MAPPS IV operating system
“At J&R Machine, we are committed to growing with the OEMs and tier one/two manufacturers we serve, and we will continue to embrace new technology that improves precision and quality and allows for greater efficiencies in our operations,” said Tim Tumanic, President of J&R Machine.
ABOUT J&R MACHINE:
J&R Machine is an ISO 9001:2015-certified contract manufacturer with a broad range of capabilities, including prototyping, engineering, CNC machining, multi-spindle machining, thread rolling, fabrication, and assembly. Additionally, to improve overall quality and lead time, J&R Machine offers value-added services such as the washing of parts, packaging, the adding of seals and other components, and in-house custom designed fixtures. The company’s customers include some of the largest names in the defense, medical technology, oil and gas, machinery and equipment, hydraulics, and auto racing industries.
VISION: To become the number one, go-to partner of choice to O.E.M.s by providing solutions to their problems.
PURPOSE: To provide extraordinary service and part manufacturing solutions.
- Customers: Acting as an extension of our customers in the areas of engineering, purchasing and quality, we will anticipate problems before they arise.
- Employees: A best practice training program will be used in the progression of employee growth. Transparent communication will be delivered throughout the entire company to involve all employees in customers’ solutions.
- Community: We look to be the employer of choice and leader in helping improve the quality of life in our community.
- Suppliers: We align ourselves with suppliers that share the same values as J&R Machine Inc. Our suppliers will provide the best value and are an extension of J&R Machine Inc.
To learn more about J&R Machine’s capabilities, call 715-526-5970.