Earlier this month, J&R Machine traveled to DMG / MORI’s U.S. headquarters in Hoffman Estates, IL for the machine tool manufacturer’s “Innovation Days.” The event aims to help manufacturers remain competitive, showcasing the latest technologies in DMG / MORI’s catalog via demonstrations, seminars and consultations.
DMG / MORI is a leading global provider of machine tools, turning centers and lathes for customers in every industry. The company is J&R Machine’s sole supplier and partner in state-of-the-art CNC machine tools.
Highlights from J&R Machine’s experience at Innovation Days include:
- A private consultation with DMG / MORI to identify solutions and optimize productivity through automation and connectivity
- A hands-on workshop focused on CELOS for digital manufacturing in the age of Industry 4.0
- A guided “Technology Tour” showcasing DMG / MORI’s emerging digital technology updates (aimed at improving the manufacturing process and maximizing productivity)
- A DMG / MORI facility tour accompanied by CNC machine tool demos
- A presentation by DMG / MORI’s Jeff Smith and John Genrich highlighting the opportunities for anyone working within or entering the manufacturing industry
- Through Innovation Days, DMG / MORI looks to help younger generations see manufacturing in a new light. In demonstrating the latest trends and advancements, attendees are shown manufacturing isn’t the dirty industry it once was.
- Employees also learned how J&R Machine supports its staff with technology investments and how the company stacks up against the rest of the industry and similar manufacturers in the area.
Inviting its second shift employees and the company’s management, J&R Machine used the trip to Innovation Days as a team building exercise. The company chartered a bus to take its team members to the event in style and treated staff to dinner at the Five O’Clock Club in Milwaukee. Fourteen J&R Machine employees were in attendance.
J&R Machine also closes down the shop biennially to travel to the International Manufacturing Technology show in Chicago. The trip is not mandatory, but J&R Machine sees almost 100 percent attendance every time.
Outings like these strengthen J&R Machine’s culture of continuous improvement. In providing employees with a better understanding of the industry’s future, the experiences drive engagement and encourage J&R Machine’s team members to take pride in their career.
About J&R Machine
J&R Machine is a Shawano-based contract manufacturer producing complex machined parts. The company offers a broad range of capabilities, including prototyping, engineering, CNC machining, multi-spindle machining, thread rolling, fabrication, assembly as well as many value-added services. ISO certified since 2002, J&R Machine provides turnkey manufacturing and project management to some of the biggest names in the oil and gas, renewable energy, defense, fire protection, medical technology, hydraulics, heavy equipment and auto racing industries. Learn more at www.jrmachine.com
VISION: To become the number one, go-to partner of choice to OEMs by providing solutions to their problems.
PURPOSE: To provide extraordinary service and part manufacturing solutions.
- Customers: Acting as an extension of our customers in the areas of engineering, purchasing and quality, we will anticipate problems before they arise.
- Employees: A best practice training program will be used in the progression of employee growth. Transparent communication will be delivered throughout the entire company to involve all employees in customers’ solutions.
- Community: We look to be the employer of choice and leader in helping improve the quality of life in our community.
- Suppliers: We align ourselves with suppliers that share the same values as J&R Machine Inc. Our suppliers will provide the best value and are an extension of J&R Machine Inc.